Groundbreaker Work Pants
Featuring Lightweight + Breathable Fabric with a Contoured Waistband.
Hundreds of people weighed in on exactly what would make a perfect pair of work pants. The result is the Groundbreaker – and they’re here to make your workday more comfortable.
We heard you: first and foremost, it’s about fit. These pants have enough room to move comfortably without slipping, chafing or bunching, and the difference it makes is huge.
Also, you have stuff to carry. A lot of stuff. We added multiple pockets and dividers to stow the many tools of your trade: Sharpies, blades, pliers, zip ties, carpenter pencils, notepads, granola bars, etc. There’s even a skinny pocket that fits a tampon.
You’re not fans of the double-front look, but you are fans of pants that last season after season. Groundbreaker pants have interior reinforcement that gives them all the sturdiness of a double-layer knee without the bulky look of traditional workwear paneling.
Oh, crotch seams. Seems like they’re always the first to go. The Groundbreaker has a diamond-shaped gusset that takes stress off the seams, so they won’t rip or pull when you have to get low to the ground.
Tougher is based in the Pacific Northwest, where workdays tend to be wet. On the advice of our community members out in equally soggy climates, we gave the pants an allover water-repellent treatment to keep out the weather.
- Extra room through the quads and hips makes for easy movement.
- Articulated knees prevent chafing and bunching through the leg.
- The hem fits comfortably around a work boot (or can be tucked into a muck boot).
- A gusset takes stress off the crotch seams, so you can crawl, squat and climb without tearing your pants.
- A contoured waistband prevents waist gap and keeps your ass covered.
- The leg tapers below the knee for a non-bulky look.
Fit is what makes Tougher pants altogether different from what you’ll find in the men’s department. To find your best fit, see our Sizing Guide.
As a long-time wearer of men's cut work pants I was ecstatic! No wide legs at the ankles; no gapping in the back due to my belt and pulling the pants down; no weird tightness or pulling at the thighs when kneeling down or sitting. – Kristen
- It’s 8-oz. cotton/polyester fabric with two-way stretch — just as sturdy as heavyweight cotton duck, but weighs over a pound less.
- A hidden reinforcement panel at the knee extends wear while keeping a seamless look.
- A water-repellent finish gives you three-season protection.
- Run ’em through the washing machine and throw ’em in the dryer.
- Side utility pocket with suede reinforcement protects from open blades.
- Divided pockets hold tools, shears, zip ties, Sharpies and/or carpenter pencils.
- Narrow side pocket is perfectly sized for a Leatherman multi-tool or a spare tampon.
- Main pockets are deep enough to actually hold hands and tools.
I have been wearing my Tougher pants for work lately as an animal management officer. I like the pocket designs for easy pen and notebook grabbing. – Paula
The Fine Print
- Made in the USA.
- Free standard shipping within the USA.
- We accept returns and exchanges for unused, unwashed items. No restocking fee. Return postage paid by sender.
I like a slimmer leg but otherwise just what I needed.
Just received my second pair of work pants. I wear my first pair five days a weeks. Now I'll be able to wash them occasionally! They are durable, comfortable and super practical for working on my farm.
I really wanted these to work. I bought several pants from different companies and kept only these as these were by far the best for comfort as well as great pocket designs. I've worn them only about 6 times in a relaxed setting and already they are pilling very badly between the thighs. They need rub resistant reinforcement for this very common issue. Many of us just don't have the thigh gap. I don't think these will last a year of medium use.
Have not received them yet. There is an item that I have to pick up from the Post Office which may be the pants that I have ordered but I get home from work hours after it closes. Have to wait for the weekend (last weekend, I was not feeling well enough to go out).
I would have asked for my order to be delivered to my work address, but at the time I did not know when/if I would be recalled. Thankfully I have my job back.
Will review when I receive my order. Please be patient.
Came across the TougHER brand online, and was totally worth getting them shipped to Canada. I’ve been searching for a good work pant for years. After ruining another good pair of jeans at work, I expanded my search outside of Canada, and could not be happier. These pants are built for Woman who work hard, and as a bonus they fit so good as well. Will order another pair for sure!